May 9, 2018
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
ZOCCAM Technologies, Inc. (“ZOCCAM”) knows that you care about how your personal information is used and takes your privacy seriously. Our primary goal is to provide you with exceptional service and we understand that you may have questions regarding your personal information. We are concerned about the privacy of our users and are committed to providing a secure environment for the free flow of real estate closings.
The areas of the website and mobile platform are open to all visitors to read, search, browse, and download at no cost to the user.
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the website or use one of our mobile application services, we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website or mobile platform. We also may collect certain geo-location information. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you will not be able to use ZOCCAM.
If you open an account with ZOCCAM, we collect the following information from you:
- Account Information – text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information as provided by you.
- Identification Information – your name, property address, email address, and real estate license/notary commission number (if applicable) as provided by you.
- Device Information – We also may obtain information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, and (b) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes.
We are committed to providing a safe, secure and all around great service. Therefore, before permitting you to use ZOCCAM, we may require additional information from you we can use to verify your identity or the property address for which you are using the ZOCCAM service or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you for purposes such as identity verification (fingerprint, facial recognition, or government issued ID), fraud prevention and similar services.
When you are using ZOCCAM, we collect information about your property transactions and trust relationships. We may collect information about your computer or mobile device for fraud prevention and other similar purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
THIRD PARTY COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Third parties that have content embedded on ZOCCAM’s website such as a social media feature may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific ZOCCAM website from a certain IP address.
Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from ZOCCAM’s website or mobile platform unless you provide it to them directly.
INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN/ COMPLIANCE WITH CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. We do not solicit, collect or maintain information from any individuals we know are under the age of 18. In addition, no part of our website or our mobile application services is structured to attract anyone under the age of 18.
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications or services which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service) or persistent cookies (cookies which enable our websites, applications or services to “remember” who you are and to remember your preferences within our websites, applications or services and which will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service).
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
ZOCCAM does not track its customers over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
HOW WE PROTECT & STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in secure data centers in the United States. This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We also use safeguards on our computer systems such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems and have administrative, managerial and technical safeguards in place. We urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your ZOCCAM passcode with anyone.
By using ZOCCAM, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically. We may also send emails to you at the email address you have provided to us.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notifications about your transactions;
- resolve transactions declined by another party, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, personalize, measure, and improve our platform services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you updates about new products and services that we are offering to customers;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties; and
- perform other duties as required by law.
To process payments on ZOCCAM, we need to share some of your personal information, such as an email address, with the person or company that you are paying or is paying you. Regardless, we will not disclose your bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through ZOCCAM, except if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
ZOCCAM does not share your personal information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information:
- With service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services).
- In response to legal process or lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To comply with the law or protect the legal rights of ZOCCAM or protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management or compliance purposes.
- With other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review and update your personal information that is stored in your account settings at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website may contain links to other sites. ZOCCAM does not control the information collection practices of sites that can be reached through links from our website. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving our website and to read the privacy statements of any site that collects personally identifiable information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
5950 Berkshire Lane, Suite 1200
Dallas, Texas 75225